CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

vendredi, 12 septembre 2008

One Bookmobile and a Side Order of Lots of Time, Please.

Stephanie and I like to read books together. We have been reading Clive Cussler books together for the last 4 or 5 years and are currently reading Pacific Vortex. We have decided to start back as far as we could go to when Cussler first started writing. I find it quite interesting to see how authors grow and change with experience and time.
Together, that is what we read. Individually, it is a totally different story. Since I am still in school, I am always reading a lot of textbooks. Yes, I even read them for fun and quite often I buy books for classes that are not even part of my degree in Web Development. I am always reading books on something educational. One interesting book right now is titled "e: The Story of a Number" by Eli Maor. It is about how the number e came to be and some of its great uses. Other books mostly involve web development and getting to know all of our Adobe programs much better.
Stephanie, on the other hand, is more into novels and things with actual storylines. (Don't get me wrong, I love storylines a lot too which is why we read Cussler books together, but while I'm in school I leave less time for myself to get into such books.) She has to have about five books checked out right now from the library. If you've checked out your...er, I mean, her...blog lately and have seen her Shelfari collection then you know what I mean. (I put that in there since you, Stephanie, are the only one to actually read my blog so I might as well put all pronouns in a tense referring directly to you ayway. Ha ha!)
It is great that we all like to read, though. This includes Katie as well and Aubrey will probably be the same. Katie loves books and, like me, seems happier in a bookstore than in a candy store! Although she can't read words much yet, she is doing a great job at forming sentences from the pictures that she sees. I love hearing how she interprets things and seeing her creative mind at work.

3 commentaires:

Jaime a dit…

I know what you mean about reading. I love it!! I am always reading in my free time. Chance loves it too and it is fun to read some of the same books. He got me hooked on The Pendragon series. We love them and have so much fun discussing them. The problem is now he is on the 7th book and I am only on the 5th one. He so badly wants me to catch up so we can talk about them. Fun!!
(Just so you know...I always read your blog.)

Stephanie a dit…

Jaime tricked you! You know I love reading books and even though I never have time to do all my projects it is always relaxing to sit down and dive into a book. I cannot see how some people do not enjoy reading, and I love that our kids love books and the library (or book store) as well.

Christina a dit…

Ben would probably LOVE to read some of those "exciting" textbooks- me, not so much- I'll leave to you computer geeks:)