CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

vendredi, 8 août 2008

Olympics - Les Jeux Olympiques

The Olympics are finally upon us. I'm not much of one for watching the Opening Ceremonies, but given the time difference (+15 hours from PDT) by the time NBC was showing it over here the Games had begun and we could jump right to them online. (CBC showed the ceremonies a little earlier and we caught a little of that, but not all that much).
This has to be the best coverage that I have ever seen. I have always enjoyed both of the Olympics and the World Cup since I can remember. With broadcast television being limited in airtime and channels, it's tough to see what you want...and definitely not when you want. Now with higher broadband speeds and such great technology (like Microsoft Silverlight) you can watch any event that you want, when you want. You can watch them live or on "rewind" to catch past events.
So, in opposition to how it used to be when you had one or maybe a few channels to choose from and only what they decided to broadcast, this is great! I can watch ANY event! I've watched handball, air rifle shooting, badminton, and others. I've never even seen any of those aired as Olympic events before on TV. Handball is pretty cool to watch. I have no idea what the rules are right now, but it's cool! Badminton, aside from being a BBQ-in-the-park-playing-with-a-$5-net type of game, is pretty intense.
Anyway, enjoy the Olympics and let me know what some of your favorite events are and if there are any that you can watch now online that you have never seen before or just weren't covered well enough before.

1 commentaires:

Stephanie a dit…

You know me, I will watch the soccer games online since my other favorites (swimming and gymnastics) are well covered, but soccer is not. I am excited to watch trampoline though and you are right, handball was pretty fun to watch the other night.