CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

mercredi, 3 juin 2009

Deseret News | Former BYU professor Truman Madsen dies

I had no idea until today that he died.  Truman G. Madsen is one of the best, most knowledgeable people that I have ever known.  I was able to go listen to him and his wife speak a couple of years ago up at the Ambaum building.  If you have never listened to him, then you need to, especially his lecture series on Joseph Smith: The Prophet. 

That series, to me, at first was about the life and history of Joseph Smith.  It gave good, historical insight to what happened in his life.  Before long, though, it became more of a series of lectures on how to look at life and live it in a better way. 

One of my favorite (out of the many) quotes in that series:

“If I were in the deepest coal pit of Nova Scotia and had the Rocky Mountains piled on top of me, I would not be discouraged, and I would come out on top.”

Deseret News | Former BYU professor Truman Madsen dies

1 commentaires:

Stephanie a dit…

Yeah, I had no idea until you shared that with me last night. He really was a great man.